The newbies are taking the league by storm, and it’s hard to decide on which one to choose as the league’s best!
A new week of power rankings is here, and it’s getting interesting at the top to say the least.
- Bowling Green FC, +0 from last week (W 6-0 over Saints). They’re riding the momentum wave of a big victory over the mighty AFC 615, and although Saints aren’t at the same level of competitiveness, the Golden Lions’ second straight win against a Nashville club was a drubbing. They’re in control for now, but another team in the league should have them on notice…
- Pumas Premier, +0 from last week (W 2-1 over Music City). The two new faces from the Bluegrass State are making sweet music at the moment. Pumas showed their quality with a 2-1 decision over Music City, and that’s the high-profile win they were lacking on their resume so far. They’re now a perfect 3-for-3 this season and are the most direct challenge to BGFC’s throne, both in the power rankings and in the overall table.
- Music City SC, +0 from last week (L 1-2 to Pumas). The Nashville boys will still have their shot to make up the ground they’ve lost, but third place looks like the ceiling for now. That said, third is almost surely the floor as well, as this losing streak is very unlikely to last any longer. They need to win out and get some serious help to be back in the title race, though.
- AFC 615, +0 from last week (W 6-0 over UNITED). AFC are back to winning ways, and that was much-needed for Desmond Armstrong’s side. They’re still well behind in the title tilt, but there’s much more soccer to be played by everyone in the top four.
- We United, +0 from last week (W 4-0 over Heroes). 4-0 over Heroes is decent, but being that they did it on the back of a win at Music City, it’s a strong vein of form that We United have found. They could be dangerous to other title favorites if they aren’t taken seriously, and a top-half finish isn’t out of the question.
- Saints FC, +0 from last week (L 0-6 to Bowling Green). It’s been a tough few weeks for Saints, who are clearly below the level of the five teams in front of them. They can, however, find solace in the fact that two teams are most definitely worse than they are this year.
- UNITED Revolution, +0 from last week (L 0-6 to AFC). And Revolution are one of them. Their historic first-ever UPSL win last week has lost its luster, as the bottom-feeders of the Mid-South returned to their typical form. It’ll look like this for the rest of the season in all likelihood.
- 615 Heroes, +0 from last week (L 0-4 to We United). These guys are having a rough go of it this season, and they’re not competitive with anybody in this league at all.
- Bowling Green FC – 15 pts, +20 GD. Form: WWWWW
- Music City SC – 12 pts, +11 GD. Form: WWWLL
- Pumas Premier – 9 pts, +7 GD. Form: –WWW
- AFC 615 – 9 pts, +6 GD. Form: WWLLW
- We United FC – 9 pts, +6 GD. Form: LLWWW
- Saints FC – 3 pts, -10 GD. Form: -LWLL
- UNITED Revolution – 3 pts, -23 GD. Form: LLLWL
- 615 Heroes – 0 pts, -17 GD. Form: LLLLL
Let’s have a look at what the upcoming week will bring us.
next week’s fixtures
2) Pumas v 6) Saints [midweek]
6) Saints v 2) Pumas
5) We United v 7) UNITED
3) Music City v 4) AFC
8) Heroes v 1) Bowling Green
It should be a dominant weekend for the top two, while Nashville rivals will do battle for the second time this year in a match where the loser is well and truly out of the title race.
Stay weird and support local soccer!