The Peach State took the cake this week! All three Georgia-based clubs got wins, and they each improved their standing in so doing.
Let’s see where that puts us in terms of the power rankings.
- Georgia Revolution, +0 from last week (W 3-1 over Metro). This was a predictable one. The Revs look impossible to stop, and they should roll with this momentum all the way into the number one seed for the division playoffs.
- Georgia Storm, +0 from last week (W 3-1 over North Alabama). Storm looked like the much better side that they are in this one. They’re pretty clearly the second-best side in the division and should be considered a serious outside shot at a national playoffs run. On the right day, they could beat the Revs in the division final.
- Appalachian FC, +0 from last week (W 4-2 over North Alabama). Appalachian got an enormous win over NASC that cements their place in third for now. It would take some doing for them to lose a top four spot at this stage.
- LSA Athletico Lanier, +2 from last week (W 2-1 over Metro). All of a sudden, the Salvadoran side has played their way into a playoff spot. Their positive form has put them here after an abysmal start to the year. If they can keep doing in this vein of form, they’ll certainly have a place in the top four.
- North Alabama SC, -1 from last week (L 1-3 to Storm AND L 2-4 to Appalachian). North Alabama had a tough week, losing two tough decisions to quality opposition. Ideally, they’ll at least be more competitive defensively for the remaining two regular season. That could be as far as they get this year.
- Metro Louisville FC, -1 from last week (L 1-2 to LSA AND L 1-3 to Revolution). A bad week overall for Metro. They weren’t very competitive at either time of asking, and the loss to LSA will take a particular toll in the race for a playoff spot. It’s now five losses on the bounce for Louisville, as their opening luster wore off significantly.
- Georgia Revolution – 22 pts, +16 GD
- Georgia Storm – 14 pts, +10 GD
- Appalachian FC – 10 pts, +10 GD
- LSA Athletico Lanier – 7 pts, -8 GD
- North Alabama SC – 7 pts, -5 GD
- Metro Louisville – 4 pts, -8 GD
next week’s fixtures
3) Appalachian v 4) LSA
1 ) Revs v 5) North Alabama
2) Storm v 6) Metro
Should be some tasty matchups here soon! We hope you’ll go see one if one of these clubs is local to you. Stay weird and support local soccer!