We’re back with another week of WPSL action in the southeast corner of the country. The usual suspects are still top and still undefeated, and there’s plenty more to unpack as well.
- Nashville Rhythm, +0 from last week (W 2-0 over North Alabama). It was another strong showing for Rhythm, even though they left it late and had to score their two goals in the second half. Only a miracle would keep them away from the Southeast crown now.
- Alabama FC, +0 from last week (unconfirmed v SSA). We don’t yet know what happened in Alabama’s match with SSA, but either way, we’d be shocked to see Alabama anywhere lower than third. They look better than most everyone in the league, as only Rhythm are significantly better and Red Wolves are the only others to mount a challenge.
- Chattanooga Red Wolves, +0 from last week (W 1-0 over MOBA). Two weeks, two wins against MOBA. This time, the Red Wolves traveled down to MOBA Soccer Complex south of Atlanta and got their third clean sheet in two weeks. They look like the de facto third-best side out here this season.
- SSA Kings, +0 from last week (L 0-1 to North Alabama AND unconfirmed v Alabama). We’re not sure about the status of the Alabama match, but the loss to NASC is a bad one for the Kings. They’re now in serious trouble of dropping down towards the bottom after getting the worst team in the league to even on points with them.
- North Alabama SC, +1 from last week (W 1-0 over Kings AND L 0-2 to Rhythm). The Rhythm match was certainly respectable, and the win over Kings to triumph in the season series is a great piece of the weekend as well. The Huntsville representatives are definitely trending up in recent memory.
- Peachtree City MOBA, -1 from last week (L 0-1 to Red Wolves). MOBA are struggling right now, and others around them are finding ways to win. They’re now fighting just to stay out of the bottom spot, as far from the title conversation as can be.
- Nashville Rhythm – 19 pts, +12 GD. Form: WWWDW
- Chattanooga Red Wolves – 13 pts, +8 GD. Form: LWWDW
- Alabama FC – 11 pts, +6 GD. Form: WWLD?
- SSA Kings – 4 pts, -1 GD. Form: WLDL?
- Peachtree City MOBA – 4 pts, -11 GD. Form: LWLLD
- North Alabama SC – 4 pts, -13 GD. Form: LLDWL
next week’s fixtures
3) Red Wolves v 1) Rhythm
4) Kings v 2) Alabama
5) North Alabama v 6) MOBA
3) Red Wolves v 2) Alabama
1 ) Rhythm v 4) Kings
A big week for Kings as they face the top two back-to-back. Thanks for reading and see you next week! Make sure to support local soccer!